Sunday, October 19, 2008

Videos online

Must admit, didn't spend too much time on this one. I've seen many online videos using both YouTube and Google video, both serious and fun stuff. And, of course, our work computers block these sites, which again makes using them for library purposes impossible. Very frustrating. Meanwhile...

The spider, naturally, sprang quite easily out of the path of the literary missile, which hit the ceiling, bounced off the top of the bookshelf and dropped to the floor with a thud.

Master Bookbod scurried to the fallen book and plucked it from the floor. He cradled it gently in his hands as if it was a baby bird fallen from its nest. The corner of the book's cover was dented, and the spine had come loose from the pages. Master bookbod was grief stricken. "Oh, no," he cried. "Look what's happened, my precious book is damaged."

He glared at the Spider, which had settled back into its previous position, seemingly unperturbed by the attack. "You," Master Bookbod growled, his cheeks burning red with anger. "You... look what you did to my book. How dare you? How could you. You cannot do this! You... You...!"

Master Bookbod was shaking with rage. He yelled, making a sound that was not a word, but was nonetheless very expressive. He was so angry he could not form words for several moments, only shake his fists and become redder end redder in the face.

"I'll get you for this!" he finally managed. "I'll get you!" and stalked out of the room, the damaged book held tightly in his grip.

4 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Thanks for your thoughts on RSS feeds and online videos - look forward to further instalments...
Kathleen A.

Grant said...

After a while, Bookbod returned with the book mended as if by magic. He had been on Planet Earth too long and had started to adopt 'anger' - an emotion new to him that he now concluded had little or no use in his quest.
He found the Spider sitting quietly, looking confused. "I didn't disturb the book intentionally" said the Spider. Bookbod looked with a kind eye upon the Spider and reassuringly said, "I now realise this - I probably realised it all along, but it's been a long day of repairing book after book and I suppose I am tired". The Spider smiled, happier in himself.
Bookbod invited the Spider down from his corner. "Tell me Spider, what great web connections have you made today? Any that might interest me"?
The Spider smiled again. "In fact" said the Spider, I've been looking at the work you have been doing for the World of Water Charity".
Bookbod was surprised. "You must come for tea tomorrow and tell me all about your web wanderings" Bookbod said. "I have information to gather and there is every reason to suggest that you Spider, can help me on my Earth quest".
"Till tomorrow" said the Spider.

Grant said...

The Library Elf entered "Tea with Spider" in his tomorrow diary then went off to buy a new large pot for the tea party at Mister Porters Shop at the edge of Elfland.

Grant said...

"Where have my trusty eyebrows gone to now?" asked BookBod as he collected his hat from the cleaners. "I've a meeting in Shrewsbury town centre this afternoon and can't possible be expected to show up eyebrowless." Just then the pair turned up looking rather weather-worn. They jumped back onto BookBod's hat and raised themselves slightly as if to say 'Duh!', you knew we'd be back in time for tea.
The hat switched its shoulders around to face front and the journey to Shrewsbury began.